Sunday, August 30, 2026

A weekend in torpor

For weeks, the crypt was prepared. The deck was sleeved, the final adjustments made, and my Hecata were ready to leave their resting places for the UK VTES National Championship. Unfortunately, somewhere between all that careful preparation and tournament day, my immune system decided to launch a successful bleed action of its own. I got ill and (with considerable reluctance) had to stay home.

Twenty-five Methuselahs gathered without me, and from everything I've seen and heard, they had a fantastic weekend of combat, politics, unlikely alliances and carefully timed betrayals. I won't pretend I wasn't devastated to miss it. This was the tournament I had been looking forward to for months, and watching it unfold from afar was a particularly cruel form of torpor.

Still, Methuselahs have one advantage over ordinary mortals: patience. The Hecata have returned to their crypt, the deck remains ready, and there will be other tables. 

The game never ends, only pauses. I'll see you at the next move.

Custodian Hargrave

No comments:

Post a Comment

So close, yet so undead

Last week, I sat down with Cristina, David, Aaron and Manuel for another evening of our favourite vampire card game. We met at our usual pl...